This guide will teach you the proper stats, skills and equips for a farming Wizard build in Ragnarok Mobile, as well as where to level up and farm. Using this guide you’ll be able to create an insane farming character in no time, allowing you to earn hundreds of thousands of zeny per day!
One of the best classes to pick first when starting out on Ragnarok M: Eternal Love is the Wizard. Their high magic damage and area of effect skills make them the perfect class for farming materials early in the game.
Stats for wizard is very simple:
- Pump INT all the way up to 99
- Then start pumping DEX
During early levels, you don’t need DEX for faster casting. The trick is to use fast cast skills like Soul Strike and Magic Crasher.
Also, put only 1 skill point on skills like Heaven’s Drive and Storm Gust. These skills increase in cast time the more levels they have, so having them at level 1 will let you almost insta-cast them.
Once you max your INT, only then should you put points on DEX.
Mage (in order)
- Soul Strike 5
- Increase SP Recovery 10
- Fire Bolt 5
- Ring of Fire (Fire Wall) 10
- Max Soul Strike
- 2-3 points each on Cold Bolt and Lightning Bolt
As a Mage, your essential skills will be Soul Strike and Fire Wall. Soul Strike is the best all-around offensive skill thanks to its almost instant cast time. Ring of Fire (Fire Wall) is used as a defensive skill to protect you from mobs that hit like a truck. The other Bolts are useful for your combat test when you job change to a Wizard, since you will be fighting mobs with different elements.
Wizard (in order)
- Heaven’s Drive 1
- Magic Crasher 5
- Soul Drain 10
- Energy Coat 5
- Storm Gust 1
As a Wizard, your main farming skills will be Heaven’s Drive and Magic Crasher. Heaven’s Drive is great against Wind type enemies (Hornets, Menblatts, Dustiness), while Magic Crasher is now your all-around single target skill since it deals neutral element damage. Both skills are fast and instant cast respectively with little cooldown which makes them the best skills for grinding.
Maxing Soul Drain is great for SP sustainability when used in tandem with Magic Crasher. Energy Coat will give you more defense and magic damage to maximize your Wizard’s farming potential. Storm Gust is mostly used as a utility AoE spell to freeze mobs and is great as a support skill when in a party.
After that it’s up to you what to skills to get. Probably Jupitel Thunder and maxing out Lord of Vermillion.
- Magic Power 10
- Napalm Vulcan 6–10 (depending on your equips)
- Fire Bolt 10
- Cold Bolt 10
- Increase SP Recovery 10
- Fire Wall 10
You’ll get maximum farming power when you become a High Wizard. Using Magic Power and Napalm Vulcan, you can one-shot Eggyras and farm zeny like crazy. (Full Guide: How to One Hit Eggyra and Farm Lots of Zeny)
At this point you may also want to reset your skills and max out these Mage skills: Fire Bolt, Cold Bolt, SP Recovery and Fire Wall. You won’t need Soul Strike anymore at this stage.
Finally, get your Aesir Monument and work on your Rune path towards getting Meteor Storm. (Related: Guide to Rune System) This will allow you to farm on Stings, which are weak to Fire element. Meteor Storm also doesn’t have fixed cast time, which allows you to fast-cast or instacast it by reducing your Cast Delay.
Here are a few common spots to farm for materials needed in crafting items. I recommend using Heaven’s Drive, Magic Crasher and Play Dead in your Auto Skill slots. (Related: Play Dead Guide)
Remember, the key is to kill as many mobs as fast as possible. This usually means going for mobs that are a few levels lower than you so you can insta kill them in 1-3 skill casts. Just take note of the level gap penalty: if a monster is more than 10 levels lower or higher than you, drop rates will be reduced slightly.
Prontera West / Sewers
- Rocker & Willow — Jellopy
- Chon-Chon — Iron
- Yoyo — Feathers
- Spore, Thief Bug — Jellopy
- Thief Bug Male — Iron
- Familiar & Thief Bug Female — Rotten Bandage
- Wolf — Iron
Goblin Forest (40+)
- Steam Goblin — Coal
- Menblatt, Hornet
North Prontera (50-70+)
- Dustiness, Metaller, Mantis (very low HP, great for farming and leveling up)
Payon Cave (60-80+)
- Eggyra — Napalm Vulcan
- Sting — Meteor Storm
- Anolian — Lord of Vermillion
- Orc Village — Fire Bolt
- Glast Heim
(Recommended end-game items in bold)
- Wizard Hat / Mage Hat / Magic Eyes
- Elven Ears
- Angry Snarl
- More MAtk, less SP regen: Piercing Staff –> Wizardry Staff (Eye of Dullahan combo)
- More SP regen, less MAtk: Healing Staff –> Croce Staff
- Off Hand
- Floral Bracelet (for Magic Crasher only)
- Statue of Judgement (for SP regen)
- Magic Bible
- Orlean’s Server (Orlean’s Glove combo)
- Armor: Mage Coat –> Robe of Cast
- Garment: Staunch Robe (combo with Staunch Boots)
- Shoes: Staunch Boots (combo with Staunch Robe)
- INT Earring
- Orlean’s Necklace
- Orlean’s Gloves (combo with Orlean’s Server)
- Eye of Dullahan (combo with Wizard Staff)
How to maximize Magic Damage (MAtk)
Full Guide: 13+ Ways to Increase Your Magic Attack Damage
- Cooked foods
- INT Dish
- Blessing (Priest buffs)
- Guild Blessing
- Aesir Monument Runes
- Item Enhancements/Refine/Enchants (related: Ultimate Guide to Upgrading, Enhancing, Refining & Enchanting)
How to reduce Cast Time (CT)
- DEX stat (late game)
- DEX Dish
- Blessing and Suffragium (Priest buffs)
- Orlean’s Gloves + Orlean’s Server = -20% CT Variable
- Orlean’s Gown + Orlean’s Necklace = -15% CT Fixed
- Robe of Cast = -10% CT Variable
- Staunch Boots + Staunch Robe = -10% CT Variable
- Angry Snarl = -10% CT Variable
- Magic Eyes = -10% CT Variable
- Isis Pet = -5% CT Variable
Wizards are one of the best classes for farming. Invest on decent equipment for your farmer Wiz and before you know it, you’ll see the returns on your investment rolling back!
What’s your favorite farming spot? What equipment and cards do you prefer? Comment them down below!