This guide will teach you everything you need to know in order to get ahead of other players in Ragnarok M: Eternal Love.
If you’ve just started playing Ragnarok M: Eternal Love on the new Global server, you’ve come to the right place!
If you’re already playing on the SEA/China server, stick around as you might still learn a thing or two.
Regardless, if you want to make the most out of your Ragnarok Mobile experience, make sure to finish reading this guide before you continue playing! 😉
Choosing a Job Class
Like in all Ragnarok games, all players start as a Novice class. At Level 10 you can change into one of six 1st Job classes. Here’s an overview of each:
- Swordsman – melee, tankers
- Thief – melee, stealthy, fast and agile
- Archer – long range and high DPS
- Merchant – melee, great for farming
- Acolyte – support, can heal and buff
- Mage – high magic & elemental damage, lots of AoE skills
At Job Level 40, you can advance into the 2nd job class which resets your Job Lv back to 1. Then once you reach Level 40 again, you’ll advance into the Transcendent class.
(Full Guide: Which Job Class Should You Choose? )
In Ragnarok M: Eternal Love, most of the time you’ll be doing one of three tasks: doing quests, leveling or farming. Let’s start with quests.
There are three types of quests in the game based on the color of the NPC’s exclamation marks:
- Red — Main Story quests. Prioritize these early in the game as these give great exp/zeny rewards and unlocks new features in the game
- Blue — Daily repeatable quests. Prioritize these next once you unlock them as they give out the highest exp and item rewards (more below)
- Green — Side quests. Although they don’t give higher rewards, they are also essential as they unlock certain features and skills. Do these when you’ve finished Blue and Red quests
Daily quests or “dailies” are quests you can repeat every day. They give out the best rewards and should be prioritized once you unlock them. Here’s a quick overview of the most important daily quests:
- Message Board (Lv. 15) – requires killing monsters, collecting items, or running errands for NPCs. Rewards: Base/Job EXP, zeny, essential items
- Monster Resistance (Lv. 22) – you get 2 Monster Resistance Quests that gives you 10x EXP rate for a limited amount of EXP
- Time Rifts – “arena” instances where you battle hordes of monsters. A party is recommended. Rewards: rare gears, Base/Job EXP, Zeny, some low-level loots
- Training Grounds – also arena instances similar to Time Rifts where you battle player-like monsters. Rewards: 1 Silver Medal (used for Guild features), 100 Eden Coins (a special type of currency)
Here’s the important trick: you can instantly finish these daily quests using an item called the Adventure Meatball.
With these Meatballs, you can purchase items that will instantly clear the daily quests so you get the rewards without doing anything. Check out the complete guide here: How to Get Lots of Adventure Meatballs (and Why You Should)
Leveling & Stamina System
After doing quests, you’ll want to be leveling your character by killing monsters.
Unlike the old Ragnarok games, you can use the “Auto Attack” feature in Ragnarok Mobile so you can leave your character on AFK and do other tasks in real life!
However, watch out for your Stamina! This is the “Combat Time” bar you see on the Settings window.
Each minute your character is in combat, you will consume 1 Stamina. You get 300 Stamina per day and unused Stamina will stack up to 900 Stamina. You can gain an additional 60 Stamina by listening to music in Prontera. Check out our full guide here: Guide to Stamina System
You can use an item called Lightning Chain to grind and farm faster: when a Chain is activated, you get double the rate of EXP, loots and zeny gained, but you’ll also consume Stamina 2x faster.
Here are more guides to help you level up faster:
- Leveling Guide: How to Level Up Fast
- Leveling Spots Guide (Lv. 1-100)
- Pet Labor Guide: How to Level Up Fast by Doing Nothing!
- How to Have Unli SP (Play Dead Skill)
Take note though, that in this game it’s better not to rush your level too much and focus on getting better items and gears instead. So remember to balance leveling and farming! This leads us to…
Farming Zeny & Items
Finally, when you’re not doing quests or leveling your character, you’ll want to be farming for zeny, gears, or materials.
Throughout the game, you’re going to need lots of Zeny. And by “lots”, I mean lots . Most of your Zeny will be used for buying equipment/cards, materials for crafting gears, materials for upgrading gears , enhancing/refining/enchanting gears, materials for Guild Donation , items for quests, among many others.
Think of Zeny spent on gears as investments—the better your gears, the better your farming efficiency. And as previously mentioned, do not be afraid to slow down your leveling and focus first on farming for zeny and gears. In Ragnarok Mobile, gears > levels.
There’s two types of making money in the game: active farming which requires you to play and consume Stamina, and passive earning which allows you to earn passive income without playing—great for lazy & busy players.
- Farm Zeny / materials
- Craft and sell equips
- Create a 2nd/3rd farming character
- Do Daily Quests
- Hunt MVPs/Mini-bosses and sell their loot
- Endless Tower
- Pets are great investments! Catch several Pets ASAP for Pet Adventure & Pet Labor
- Instant Time Rifts
- Lucky Shop
- Buy low & sell high
- VIP/cash shop
Check out our full guide on how to earn Zeny here: 13+ Ways to Earn Zeny in Ragnarok Mobile
One of the best farmer classes for beginners is the Wizard, thanks to their high damage output and AoE skills. I would highly recommend getting a Wiz as your first job class as they don’t require expensive gear to farm efficiently. Check out the full guide here: Wizard Farming Build
Your characters have 6 stat attributes:
- Strength (STR) – increases physical melee damage
- Agility (AGI) – increases attack speed and flee
- Dexterity (DEX) – increases physical range damage and hit rate, lowers casting time
- Intelligence (INT) – increases magic damage, magic defense, max SP and SP regeneration
- Vitality (VIT) – increases max HP, physical defense and HP regeneration
- Luck (LUK) – increases critical rate and critical defense
These are the different ways to increase your stat attributes:
- Leveling up your Base Level gives you Attribute points which you can allocate to your stats
- Equipment – your gears will give bonus stats
- Eat gourmet food – you can cook and eat food that give additional stats, one of the cheapest and most efficient methods to boost your stats (Full Guide: Guide to Cooking Gourmet Food )
- Eat stat dishes – you can buy these (e.g. INT Dish, STR Dish) from the Food Shop. They give great stat bonuses but can be costly
- Enhance, refine, upgrade, enchant, cards – there are multiple ways to improve your gears’ stats. (Full Guide: Guide to Upgrading, Enhancing, Refining & Enchanting )
- Runes – joining a Guild lets you unlock the Aesir Monument, which allows you to activate your Runes tree. (Full Guide: Guide to Rune System )
Don’t worry if you make mistakes when allocating your stat build, as you’ll get free Stat and Skill Reset items throughout the game. (Full Guide: How to Get Stats/Skills Reset )
Pets are very essential in the game to level up fast, earn lots of zeny, or farm items. You should get several pets as soon as possible as they are one of the best investments in the game.
Here’s an overview of what Pets can do:
- Help you fight monsters in battle
- Send them on a Pet Adventure (unlocked at Lv 30) – pets will give you free loots + chance of rare items/cards after 60 minutes at the cost of 5 Adventure Meatballs and 60 Stamina. Great for earning Zeny. It’s best to create an alt character (same account) and let him do the Pet Adventures so you don’t consume all your main’s Stamina.
- Send them to the Pet Labor (requires Base Lv 45, Pet Intimacy Lv 5) – pets will give you free items every few minutes, most notably the EXP Potions which give you tons of EXP, great for leveling up fast
- Pets also give you bonus stats and effects (e.g. Lunatics give bonus MAtk, great for Mage classes)
You’ll get a free Poring pet early in the game through a quest in South Prontera. After that you’ll have to catch new Pets manually by feeding them their taming item (e.g. Green Apple for Poring, Rainbow Carrot for Lunatic). You can obtain taming items by:
- Buying from the Pet Shop in South Prontera using a currency called Colorful Shells
- Buying from the Exchange (easiest method but can be expensive)
- Obtain from Endless Tower drops
Check out our complete guides regarding Pets:
- How to Catch Pets with 100% Success Rate
- Guide to Pet Adventure
- Guide to Pet Labor: How to Level Up Fast by Doing Nothing!
Early on in the game, you’ll receive your Adventurer Handbook. This handbook is sort of an Achievements List + Encyclopedia for the game where you can check your milestone achievements and in-game data like monster details.
Whenever you unlock new in-game data such as encountering new monsters, NPCs or locations, it will be added to the handbook and you get Adventure EXP to level up your Adventurer Level.
Higher Adventurer Levels lets you rank up your Adventurer Class (from Apprentice to Scout, to Rank F until Rank A).
Ranking up your Adventurer Class lets you unlock new Adventurer Skills , available at the Adventurer Skills NPC in upper Prontera.
Adventurer Skills are unique skills that help you in combat such as the additional auto-skill slot and additional inventory slots. Some Adventurer Skills also give you other fun features in the game such as taking photos or doing gestures/emoticons.
To level up your Adventurer Level fast, the most efficient methods are: talking to new NPCs, taking photos of monsters and new locations, and cooking new recipes.
To rank up your Adventurer Class, you will need to do certain quests for each class. Be warned though—these quests are not very easy! The Adventurer Rank quests usually require rare, expensive items such as the famous Raccoon Leaf from Smokies. Some even require you to kill MVP Bosses.
Here are some in-depth guides to help you on leveling and ranking up your Adventurer Handbook Level:
Cooking Gourmet Food
In the game, you can cook and eat gourmet foods which give you huge stat bonuses and buffs for a period of time. It’s a cheap and easy way to improve your farming & leveling efficiency and I highly recommend that you unlock it and start cooking as soon as you can .
Here’s an example: the “Original Will-Vegetable Soup” recipe gives you +40 MAtk among other stat bonuses. You can eat a food up to 6 times and the effects will stack, so eating 6 Original Will-Vegetable Soup will give you up to +240 MAtk! That’s a lot for only a cheap price!
You’ll find all cooking related NPCs and Ingredients shops in the Cooking Hall located in the northern part of Prontera. Cooking food requires a set of ingredients and a cooking station. You can find the list of recipes here: Complete Cooking Recipes List
As you cook and eat more gourmet foods, your Cooking and Tasting Levels will increase. Higher Cook Level = better Cooking success rates. Higher Taste Level = higher food stack limit, e.g. can eat up to 6 foods at a time. You can check it in your Adventurer Handbook. (Full Guide: Guide to Cooking Gourmet Food )
Trading & Exchange
If you’re a veteran of the old Ragnarok games, one of the things you’ll notice right away is the lack of a trading system.
You cannot directly trade with other players. There’s also no Vending skill. The only way players can buy and sell items from each other is through the Exchange .
It’s an auction system where you simply put items you want to sell to the market and it will automatically be sold to anyone who wants to buy it. You can also search for items in the market and buy it. The price is determined by the system based on the supply and demand of the items.
There is a way to transfer items between characters in the same account though. Characters who are at least Level 40 can use the Shared storage from Kafra. It’s a great idea to make a 2nd or 3rd farmer job class in the same account!
(Full Guide: Guide to Assistants )
At Level 20, you can hire a personal Assistant in the Prontera palace (northern-most portal in Prontera).
Assistants are like personal secretaries that list down your daily tasks such as Message Board quests, Monster Resistance Quest, Rifts, etc. Just open the Assistant tab to see it.
Whenever you finish daily tasks, you will gain Assistant intimacy points (hearts) and every 20 points the Assistant will give out rewards.
All monsters each have different elements. Knowing what your target’s element is allows you to significantly increase your damage by using the weakness of your target’s element.
Our comprehensive guide to elements will teach you how to boost your farming efficiency and leveling speed by using the elements table, elemental converters, and cards that increase damage on certain elements.
(Full Guide: Endless Tower Guide )
The Endless Tower is a game mode in Ragnarok Mobile: Eternal Love where you can farm rare items and equips from Mini and MVP Bosses and earn lots of zeny. It’s a weekly event where you fight waves of monsters and bosses and clear as many levels in the tower as you can. You can unlock it at Level 52.
It is essential to join a Guild as soon as you can to avail of Guild-related features and facilities:
- Aesir Monument – lets you unlock Runes that give out bonus stats, special skill effects or lets you unlock new skills such as Meteor Storm for Wizards (Full Guide: Guide to Rune System )
- Guild Donation – unlocking Runes from your Aesir Monument requires Guild Contributions and Gold Medals. These can be achieved mainly by donating materials to your Guild (Full Guide: Guide to Guild Donation )
- Valhalla – the Valhalla Ruins (a.k.a. Guild Ruins) is an instance-based game mode that gives you and your guildmates special access to a dungeon where you can hunt down MVPs and Mini Bosses
(Full Guide: Guide to Mentor & Student System )
Once players reach Level 85, they can become a Mentor to up to three players. Becoming a Student or a Mentor each have their own benefits. You should find a Mentor ASAP before reaching Lv. 85, and mentor Students once you reach 85 and above.
Benefits of becoming a Student (Lv 10-84)
- Get 170% bonus exp for 24 hours using Adventure Guide item
- Get +20 Stat Bonuses using Guardian Scroll item
- Get a total of four Gold Medals for your Runes + other rewards every 10 levels
- Get additional Zeny and Base/Job exp for completing daily/weekly quests
Benefits of becoming a Mentor (Lv 85+)
- Get 120 additional Stamina (for Premium users)
- Get Mentor Medals used to purchase items in the Mentor Shop
This guide should equip you with all the knowledge to be able to get ahead of most players in the game!
Last but not the least, don’t forget to have fun and enjoy your time playing Ragnarok M: Eternal Love.
Good luck and happy grinding!