Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to unlock Cooking by doing the quest in Cuisine Association so you can start cooking!
First, the only requirement is to be an Adventurer Rank F.
Here are the steps on how to start cooking:
- Go to Cuisine Association in Prontera
- Talk to Pizza to start the quest
- Obtain 3 Lunatic Meat and 3 Rocket Leg Meat
- Talk to Pizza again to finish the quest
- Use your Cookbook to start cooking!
1. Go to Cooking Center / Cuisine Association
Talk to the Entrance NPC at the top left of Prontera.
2. Talk to Pizza to start the quest
She’ll teach you how to obtain cooking ingredients by asking you to collect a few Lunatic Meat and Rocker Meat. She will give you Chef’s Eagle Eyes which is used to obtain ingredients from monsters.
3. Get Lunatic Meat and Rocker Meat
You can farm them manually or buy them from the Primary Ingredients NPC located in the same room for 100-120 zeny each.
How to Farm Cooking Ingredients from Monsters
To farm for monster ingredients manually, just consume a Chef’s Eagle Eyes and kill your target monster. Consuming the Chef’s Eagle Eye will give you a buff that gives monsters a chance to drop cooking ingredients.
For example, if you kill Lunatics with Chef’s Eagle Eyes activated, the Lunatics will drop Lunatic Meat randomly.
You can purchase Chef’s Eagle Eyes from the Material Shop NPC for 2,500 zeny.
4. Talk to Pizza again and finish the quest
Once you’ve obtained the required meats, talk to Pizza again to finish the quest and unlock cooking.
You’ll get the following items:
- Chef Hat
- Food Storage Box, a separate inventory box for ingredients and cooked foods
- Lv. 1 Cookbook which allows you to cook!
5. Open your Cookbook to start cooking!
And that’s it! You may now start cooking by using the Cookbook item from your inventory.
Cooking and eating cooked foods will level up your Cooking and Tasting levels. You can check those in the Cooking tab in your Adventurer Handbook.
You can refer to this complete Recipe list we made to jumpstart your Cooking career!