The Tokyo-3 Dungeon Rift is an instance-based game mode as part of the Evangelion (EVA) event for Ragnarok M: Eternal Love.
Here’s a guide on how to instantly clear the Tokyo-3 Rift Instance and how to get all the rewards!
How it Works
You and your party will enter a dungeon. The objective is to kill the 3 Bosses in under 180 seconds to get all rewards for the day.
Upon entering, you will transform into EVA Mech suits, so your job classes and level won’t matter.
There are two types of Mech suits: Unit-01 (Violet) and Unit-02 (Red).
All players have 4 skills: Normal Attack, Special Attack, Buff (to opposite color only), and Switch Suit Type (e.g. Violet to Red and vice versa).
How to Defeat the 3 Bosses
For each boss, only a certain Suit type can deal damage to the boss.
- First Boss — only RED can deal damage
- Second Boss — only VIOLET can deal damage
- Third Boss more than 50% HP — only RED can deal damage
- Third Boss below 50% HP — only VIOLET can deal damage
So just spam attack (2nd Skill) if it’s your turn, otherwise just spam Buffs (3rd Skill).
Easiest Strategy — “3-2 Strategy”
- Form a party of 5 members.
- Decide what colors each member will take. The composition should be 3:2 ratio. So, either 2 Red + 3 Violet or 3 Violet + 2 Red, it doesn’t matter.
- Upon entering, turn-off auto attack and follow. Switch to your selected color in Step 2.
- Stick to your colors. No switching is needed!
- Then, just keep spamming 2nd and 3rd skill. Those 2 skills should ALWAYS be on cooldown.
That’s it! If you did everything correctly you should clear it in under 180 seconds.
Alternate Strategy — “Switcher Strategy”
This strategy is more common but difficult to explain to first-timers. Most players use this strategy so it’s worth learning.
The party composition is: 2 Permanent Red, 2 Permanent Violet, and 1 Switcher (starting with Violet).
Perma-Reds and Perma-Violets will take turns attacking and buffing. The Switcher will Buff the whole time, but will Switch Suits for each boss. Here’s a diagram:
Important Tips & Notes
- Turn off Auto Attack and Follow. Auto-Attack will auto-use your 4th Skill (Switch Suit). Switch Suit cooldown is 60 seconds and will mess up your strategy.
- Move fast! Your timer starts as soon as you enter the dungeon. The timer will keep running during dialog boxes. Close the dialogs fast and move to the next boss ASAP after killing them.
- You can get all 4 Battle Chest rewards in one run if you finish it in under 180 seconds.
- You can enter anytime but only all Battle Chest rewards once.
- Do the Tokyo-3 Instance on your Alts. Alternate characters will get separate rewards, both for 5 NERV Commendation Chests (after first run for the day) and the 4 Battle Chests (depending on time finished).
Kill the 3 Bosses in under 180 seconds (3 minutes) to get all Chest rewards.
In summary, you can get a total of 900 NERV Emblems per character each day from the Battle Chest rewards, a total of 2,700 NERV Emblems if you do it on all 3 alternate characters as well.
NERV Emblems and Battle Chests can be deposited to Shared Storage.
Daily Reward for clearing Tokyo-3 Rift:
- First clear — 5 NERV Commendation Chest
Rewards for clearing Tokyo-3 Rift (one time per character):
- Clear in 241-300 sec — “NERV Operation Assistant”, 1 NERV Superior Battle Chest
- Clear in 211-240 sec — “NERV Operation Director”, 2 NERV Superior Battle Chest
- Clear in 181-210 sec — “NERV Deputy Commander”, 2 NERV Deluxe Battle Chest
- Clear in 1-180 sec — “NERV Commander”, 5 NERV Deluxe Battle Chest
NERV Chests contain:
- Open NERV Superior Battle Chest — 50 NERV Emblem
- Open NERV Deluxe Battle Chest — 100 NERV Emblem, unlock “The Child” title
Rewards for unlocking EVA costume:
- Unlock 1 Headgear — 1 extra NERV Commendation Chest
- Unlock 3 Headgear — 2 extra NERV Commendation Chest
- Unlock 5 Headgear — 3 extra NERV Commendation Chest
- Unlock 7 Headgear — 4 extra NERV Commendation Chest
- Unlock 9 Headgear — 5 extra NERV Commendation Chest
NERV Emblem Shop
Open the NERV Emblem shop to redeem avatar, cards, Gold Medals, and more using NERV Emblems:
Some notable items in the NERV Emblem shop are the Gold Medals, cards and the PENPEN Pet.
What strategy and party composition did you follow to complete the Tokyo-3 Rift Instance? Comment them down below!